A true Culture of Safety embodies clearly defined truths and beliefs, is supported by visible safety leadership, and provides a process for continuous learning.
Learning Unlimited helps you grow your safety culture by facilitating alignment between members of your Senior Team. Senior leaders clarify the value of safety and its significance relative to other organizational imperatives, such as production and cost containment. They define the behaviors — for leaders and all other personnel — which will be evident in the workplace.
The truths uncovered in this alignment process are then hard-wired into the organization. These truths form the basis for customized training, which is delivered by seasoned facilitators and reinforced through subsequent coaching and measurement. The Safety Culture Improvement Process yields greater ownership for safety by all personnel, fewer at-risk behaviors and incidents, and a sustainable path to continuous safety improvement.
- Cold Eyes Review – An online or paper survey (or combination of both), followed by selected individual and group interviews. Details the strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities of the current safety culture and management systems.
- The Safety Blueprint – Based on data obtained, senior leaders establish the vision and framework for the Safety Performance Culture. Addresses safety as a core value, the “One Message”, strategic provision of resources and removal of roadblocks, the leadership behaviors required and how accountability for safety results will be structured and maintained.
- SafetyDNA for Leaders Workshops – Customized to lay out the senior team’s vision for safety, SafetyDNA for Leaders trains operational leaders (i.e., your managers and supervisors) the skills and mindset needed to drive Safety Performance.
- Sustaining Safety – key components to reinforce gains in safety, which include:
- Cultural engagement training for individual contributors
- Leadership coaching with operational leaders & safety professionals
- Customized tools and resources