What Is It?
Leadership coaching is a confidential, one-on-one relationship that evokes excellence in others.
During our tailored coaching engagements, clients are guided to reflect deeply, problem solve, and embrace more effective mindsets and behaviors. They receive the individualized guidance, challenge, support, and assessments needed to achieve greater leadership success.
Who Is It For?
Executives, senior managers, supervisors and “high potential” personnel. Referred candidates are typically experiencing one or more of the following:
- History of success in prior roles; currently challenged by new role and/or greater responsibilities
- High intelligence, needs more emotional intelligence
- Technically/operationally proficient yet needs to strengthen leadership capacity
- Eyed for C-level promotion and "would be there now, except ________”
What Are the Benefits?
Learning Unlimited leadership coaching clients emerge from the coaching relationship with:
- Sharpened focus on the issues that are critical to their performance
- Clear strategies for improved personal and interpersonal effectiveness
- Enhanced leadership skills
- Goals for continued learning and growth
- Commitment to behavior change
- Confidence that they will succeed
Commitment & Time Frame
Behavior change takes time and commitment. Be prepared to commit to 12 sessions, on average. Most coaching relationships last from eight to twelve months.
What does the Leadership Coaching process involve?
While each coaching relationship is unique, most engagements include:
- Exploratory meeting to determine coach / client compatibility
- Intake meeting to establish the coaching focus and objectives
- Brief interviews with staff and direct reports
- Assessment utilizing personality and strengths profiles appropriate to profession and job function
- Observations at workplace to become acquainted with real-time interpersonal dynamics
- Regularly-scheduled coaching sessions (or calls) to maintain focus, confront issues, and support progress
- Skills training to enable successful performance
- 360 degree feedback
- Executive Summary provided upon closure